Tuesday, May 27, 2008

dpn... don't point north... or rather point everywhere

I need work w the dpn adventure. I say adventure because I thought that 9:30 on a Friday would be a good idea to start learning. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Um, nope. I found a pattern that looked cute and somewhat beginner - oh baby baby booties on Ravelry. I just need to get a hang of them. Good thing that Baby G isn't due til end of summer. I found a cute gender neutral color too. I found some adorable lilac baby yarn but alas even if the royalty spin is used, some dad's wouldn't been keen on that. Now if I do Cubs ones for them, he's loved it. I don't think she'd honestly care.

I've always found it amusing the color choices/turn offs of people. I, for the longest time, hated pink. I'll blame grunge and my ever present favors towards greens and its fellow cool colors buddies. I learned one thing when I first started making scarves for people.. ASK before you think you know what to buy. It saved me from navy yarn when a friend wanted hot pink and black stripes. Either would have turned out, but a gift always works when you know the person will wear it. THAT is also why some patterns I keep finding to save for later. Later = when there is no more unpacking and painting to be done.

I've realized I didn't realize how much stuff I had until I moved. True, we've had the house for awhile now but there is still quite a bit that I need to unbox/de-crate/de-bag. (Hey, you use what you can when overstuffing your car w tidbits you didn't realize you still had yet during packing you thought you still needed.) The MIL has a table in a future church yard sale. I'll be there selling some stuff, incl the outdated encyclo-factoid books the previous owners left here in the house. Hmmm this yard sale may result in more yarn. Hmmmm. I can't believe I didn't think of that. My stash isn't huge, though mismoshed most def. I found Target dollar section dark sky blue/lightest more blue than green teal yarn that I had "lost" in storage. I had planned a light scarf with it and still think it will be a good idea. (The fact that it was TOO COLD FOR MAY this morning seconds that as well.)

Big Cat has decided his new place to sleep is under my bedside table. I don't mind this too much since the evolution of his sleeping places were a.) above my head b.) on my hip c.) right next to my feet so turning over became interesting. You have to also remember this cat is over 18lbs. (Kitty diets are slow to provide results.) I looked up some cat beds. Some are really cute. I have a feeling he'll be the "oh look something for me, I'm not going to use it."

No comments: