Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mom's Day to the moms out there

I am having one of those weekends.

One of those weekends where anything that can fall when you are in a hurry decides to, The Puppy pees right before you can get her crated so you can go out of the house, and deodorant decides to explode out of the plastic applicator when you need to be at your parent's house for Mother's Day in 10 minutes. I was about ready to start looking for the hidden cameras in the house. (Maybe one was hidden on Little Cat. He was extra affectionate this weekend.) Best of all a weekend when your perfectly good cell phone has an identity crisis, thinks it's a dirty sock, and takes a trip to washing machine land. Being overtired yet wanting to be productive is NOT a good idea. So now I am the "proud" owner of a new Blackjack II. A perfectly good new phone, a quite pretty one at the moment but money spent that could have been spent of better things, like yarn.

So I park my butt at the kitchen table w the laptop, 90s Janet Jackson music playing - an odd choice but her Ms Nasty era has that don't mess w me element that is working well, and the latest sugargy goodness discovered at the dollar store...Toffifay. Whole hazelnut in a caramel cup w chocolate. Can't go wrong w chocolate. It works so well when you'd rather be knitting but I've found being aggrivated and knitting equals much frogging later. THEN I check Raverly and LO and BEHOLD!

"753 people are ahead of you in line"

YAY! Happy dancing, whislt sitting ensued. Not as happy as the eeping squeeking when I found of the Yarn Harlot is returning when I will be able to attend. The Husband of course laughed because he doesn't understand. He understands that knitting is my thing. He plays paintball. That's his thing. I've gone to the paintball shops with him. It is interesting but after awhile my eyes start glazing a bit and he'll realize this and we'll leave with him to return to the shop w/o me later. I don't mind at all. I have not taken him to a knitting shop. He's survived Michaels mostly due to the other items in the store that he can look at whilst I'm in happy lala yarn land. I don't think he'd have fun at a yarn shop as I ooh and ahh over the multitude of goodness. He runs around shooting little gumball sized bits of pigment at others, I sit w two needles and make things. To each their own, and it works.

Speaking of two needles, I did pick up sock needles set. I have a set of 2 size 3 double points that were my great-grandmothers but the patterns I've found are smaller. I'm thinking to try a sock. Try being the key word. I have the monster scarf that has been on the needles for over a year. It's taller than me so there's a bit of allowance for that but mostly it's being lazy/bored with it and wanting to start something new, the wedding/house/moving, and pretty much being lazy. It's gotten so huge that it fills one of my knitting traveling bags. I should just sit down one night and finish it. I did find the mini notebook w the pattern in it in a box this weekend. I think it is a sign. Ditto w that I need to work on my stash better. Little Cat though the gorgeous more expensive that I usually get yarn splurge yarney goodness was the perfect skein to pull out of a bag - up top a ton of stuff w the thing folded over - to play with. Luckily he didn't wreck it but he did get a yelling at... speak of that cat. He has just invaded my lap.

No comments: