Monday, October 12, 2009

Smaller than the Super Saver skein.

I am not a person, I am a cat bed.

We have had Bond, the new kitten, for just over a week now. He has gone from fraidey cat in extreme to galloping blur of black and white followed or following a galloping blur of orange and white. You never realize just how much noise two cats - well one in mini - can make running amuck on hardwood floors. I don't mind it for the most part - when they are not knocking mail off the coffee table.

Bond is currently sleeping in the crook of my left arm and Frankie is asleep at my feet. Now when I try to get off the couch to actually go to bed, I forsee two meow buckets - one wanting his nightly treat and the other deciding it is time to play. If not it seems like 3 or 4 am is the best time.

I am on the last skein of the Lambchop song WIP. It seems like I just started to finish up the last skein but I'm still going. I have the two Irish scarves in the works as well. Those are fine as long as I don't forget where I am count wise.

I am continuing my love of Trader Joe's. We did a TJ run on Friday and picked up one of their cold bags as well. The plan is to have a hot/cold bag + several regular "green" bags in both the car and the truck so we don't forget. It is something we plan to do but not always remember so I think it is a good idea.

Another good idea - found from the SP group - is a wall of rubbermaid tubs with my yarn. Realistically, I won't have a wall. Having a hubby happy to not be attacked by randomly stashed skeins or kitty playland of yarn makes it all worth while. It will also help w the current bags now liking to let random stuff fall out. Today I opened the closet, took out my knitting bag, and my feet were greated by pink/yellow combo crochet thread. Ooops.

No comments: