Sunday, February 28, 2010

Horray for a $30 grocery bill

I am now seeing how our still brand new Costo membership will turn out to be a great thing for our household. The larger bulk shopping style store I'd always thought of was Sam's Club. I used to always equate that with jars of mayo or pickles that were as big as my head. True, I recall this size comparison while being a kid at A's house but it was still large jar.

I did a quick run to FMarket and Jewel (finding one thing and using the self checkout at Jewel almost taking the same time as spent in FMarket. Total spent at both places though was about $30. It was oh how about...nope at home already. While I did look at the pineapple Chobani, I managed to get away, reminding myself that there was already Greek yogurt of the same brand at home.

I thought I had escaped the masses of craziness and probably would have if I hadn't gone to Jewel. More times than not, I hate grocery shopping. It is like the cart becomes some sort of awkward appendage for some people while others let is amble alongside them only to be freed to roam at odd interval. Forward people! FORWARD! While I know at times all the stuff is a bit overwhelming, esp when dealing with wacky people and their metallic doom buggies, but is it really that mesmerizing to look at cereal? It is all overpriced, pick one!

This weekend I started using Giantsilverpurse which is slightly bigger than I expected when buying it. I could probably easily fit one of the Harry Potter books in it and still have room. I almost Harry Pottered Frankie though when he was about to take a chomp on it. I think my other purse lasted if I week before he sunk his teeth in it. I don't know what it is about him and purses. Perhaps the slight squish of the fake leather feels good on his teeth.

With it being almost 9pm on a Sunday night, I am still wanting to finish up some stuff but know that won't happen. If COULD but then sleeping would be pushed back and that's never fun. P is working a double today so I foresee catching up on Gray's Anatomy being #1.

No comments: