Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Automatically three cookies

As a kid, the allowed amount of cookies was three. I don't know when, why or how it started but that became the norm. Tonight as I made my lunch, I found myself thinking three cookies. Being Girl Scout thin mints, that is a good thing since I could easily eat a package in one sitting. The stomach ache that follows always is worth it.

I went to my favorite LYS today. I hadn't been there in ages to actually buy yarn. With P laid off for so long it didn't seem right to spend extras on extras we really didn't need. Today I felt like a kid in a candy store and brought home a gorgeous orange/red multi skein and two knitting books. I am content, for now, but it felt good. Now I just need to work on modifying the idea I have for a thin, almost capelet/shawlette. I want something basic but not just ribbed or a garter stitch. Nonetheless I'm in a good mood because of it.

No comments: