Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's string cheese but not that stringy

I'm always looking for new good food and when it involves cheese that always adds to it. I shop at Aldi and won't deny it. Why pay extra for food when there are tons of really good stuff there as well? PLUS I saw something on tv about Aldi and how there are a lot of name brand stuff that starts out in the same place as the stuff there. Hmmmm markup much? Sooo I picked up the Fit & Active string cheese. It's good but not as string-ing as I had thought. I'd still get it again though.

The Fit & Active Southwest Veggie stuffed sandwich + mexican cheese sprinkled on top and melted + Louisiana Hot Sauce = YUM!

As you can see I've been food/receipe hunting more so lately. I don't deny we ate good stuff before but after awhile when you look at a lot of the packaged/frozen food it's a bit scary. Healthy vs "non" has been more of a focus. I'm not giving up junk food or sweets but if I can eat fresh pasta w some sort of a sauce vs the frozen kind in a bag I'm going fresh. It tastes so much better.

I joined one of the health/nutrition/food diary sites. I kept everything set as private since it's more so a me thing rather than using forums and whatnot, not that I don't read them after all. As above, we ate healthy which is good (YAY!) but we are even more so now (YAY YAY YAY!)

I haven't knitted as much as I have liked to lately. I was sick for awhile again and feared to contaminate any of the stuff I was making. I'll pick it up again soon.

We got a couch that needs a cover and throw pillows. Joann Fabrics has some really cute patterns and I'm thinking to try my hand at sewing. If I make it patchwork based I don't think it'd be too too hard.

No comments: