Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Attempt 1: semi productive

I'm trying to stick to my resolutions and so far I think it has been semi productive for almost one month in...

1. Try something new that is out of my comfort zone, but not dangerously so.
Check - went to the hospital to visit Turnip the day she was born. I hate going to hospitals. They just freak me out. Maternity ward didn't have as many IVs or needles or tubes as the last time I was in a general ward. That stuff makes me all woozy.

2. Get more organized.
A slow start. I need to work on it esp w the cat insistant on knocking things off the shelves in my closet. I specifically bought baskets so he couldn't knock the stuff off the shelf. Now he just takes down the entire basket. UGH.

3. Continue working on a healthier life.
Weekly class, check. Treadmill, semicheck - shoulder/neck pain + offkilter schedule not helping. I just need to get on it and go for at least 20 mins. Food choices - NOT diet - wheat pasta, more fresh fruit, not cutting out snacky/sweets but not making that initial choices when hungry, less soda

4. Make sure I make time for me.
Yes and no. I'm trying to make 8-9pm me time. Then I can get some relax time before bed and not go to bed all wired.

5. Get the library card reinstated and read more.
Check, last batch of books due Sat and I will be getting more.

6. Finish WIPs and try to keep no more than two on the needles.
Ih, as always, ih and of course there is a new pattern I want to start. Stupid mittens are mocking me bc I should wait.

7. Travel w The Husband on an us only trip even if it's a short weekend one.
Time not yet allowed

8. Try new recipes - cooking and baking.
Kick n Chicken green bean pasta is a start.

9. Teach Molly a new trick.
She's learning high five and if she is laying down it works.

10. Take more pictures include doing a 365 project.
Started. WOOHOO!

No comments: