Monday, January 19, 2009

Dirty but not Dirty Dancing

I watched the pilot for The Beast tonight. I had read about it in the paper and since it is filmed in Chicago, I figured I'd give it a try. I always like seeing local places in movies and television shows esp if I've been in a place that is included. I am going to have to look up the actor who plays Swayze's character's partner bc he seems familiar. Either that or I'm just thinking he's someone else.

I'm enjoying having Netflix though that means working on sharing the XBox since a lot of stuff I've been watching is streamed. True, I can use the laptop to watch them - as well as browse Ravelry, an idea I got from the 365 - but I hadn't gotten around to that just yet.

Baby G's blanket has now been renamed S's blanket. We visited her this week and I know once it's done it'll be used for awhile. Right now with her being so little it'd be overpowering. Plus it'd be hard for her to get her little arms out since both arms out = happy baby. I think she may become a music conductor, or not. It's still cute.

I had thought to knit tonight but The Puppy and I have had a chair war for a few good hours. I know now if I get up for a glass of water or whatnot, she will take up all the extra space that I was using. Since tomorrow's the holiday, I'll be home and I can work on S's blanket a bit more. I'm on the second skein and am quite happy w the self camo-ing yarn. It's cute in the pink. I could even see it as being edging for something else where it didn't really appear as camo, just using the colors in it.

I've started running, or rather power walking to lead up to running. We have the inlaws old treadmill. It still works but it is LOUD. I've worked on a few playlists and am slowly getting the hang of finding music that has the right tempo. True, I was a band geek/dork/can't recall the proper word to use but not having run for years makes it a bit harder. I can get a good tempo and go for about an hour. I did two miles today which I am proud of and know it's a good start.

No comments: