Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blame it on the rain....

Now that I have a certain generation of people with Milli Vanilli stuck in their heads....

The hubby and I had a grand plan for today. After I was done with an errand, we were going to work on that large outside area known as the yard. Known as being the key element since it is in progress/needs work. The people who lived here didn't just have a green thumb, they had a green arm, and clearly more time. While he has more time that I do now, it's the weather that is toying with us. Today it is raining and likes to start/stop just when you want to do something. Realistically though with a squishy yard and the possibility of being outside and somewhat damp, it all goes on the back burner again. We are definitely working to get it better before the dogs decide to tear it up from running in circles and in circles and in circles. Too bad they don't get themselves dizzy because then they'd just stop.

Our neighborhood welcomed this Saturday with the Little League baseball parade. I heard a marching band from our house and had a feeling something was starting at the park nearby. Sure enough there is the local high school marching band leading a string of local town vehicles - fire, police, etc - and misc parent's vehicles with streamers blowing, and kids yelling. It's cute and loud. The neighborhood kids were excited too. I was just like them as a kid, standing at the curb with a plastic bag in my hand awaiting the candy that they were throwing.

More 80s discussions reminded me of an old toy I used to have - Fashion Plates. (http://www.retroland.com/pages/retropedia/toys/item/2585/) I'll be moving some boxes from my parent's attic in the near future and it has me wondering if they are in there. I know there'll be at least one thing to sell at the garage sale this summer.

Speaking of garage sales, there is one this sat/sunday about 4 1/2 blocks from me. I'd hate to be them stuck trying to keep stuff dry.

No comments: