Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Audio books perhaps are a good thought

I've been heading to the library every two weeks or so. This really isn't that big of a deal since I've gone there as long as I can remember. I was one of those little kids you see toddling around. (If only I can find the books about the peanut butter/jelly elf or an elf that liked pb & j that I used to get ALL of the time. My future kids would then be read them.) I've picked up some good stuff, some ih stuff, some meh stuff and as always craft related stuff. One of the most recent trips brought back French Girl Knits and I love it.

True, I have never made a sweater nor have I cabled. I need to start my merry way into Sockland as well but this book has me mesmerized. I will definitely be making something once I get my happy butt knitting sweaters. February Lady Sweater has long been on the cue for sweaters so that is first. :)

The blanket is progressing, slowly but progressing. I've stopped stopping to look a the progress, and then grrring at it, and rather just cue up something to watch and leave a good portion in the bag on my lap. It's helping as well as keeping it out of the mouth of Jabba. For such a massive cat, he could really pounce on the yarn quite quickly. Luckily it was pounce - bat bat - pounce and he was done. I'm thinking our purchase and use of the Furminator has put him in a good mood. Heaven forbid I forget to immediately brush him and all I still get is kitty attitude. You would figure he knows he WILL get his attention afterall.

No comments: