Saturday, May 23, 2009

Productivity, welcome back

I hate river rock. As a child, I got the job of weeding the river rock. Now I get to weed my own river rock and I did today. 3 hours later a good chunk of the yardwork I had planned to do was done. I was smart this time though and made sure I hadn't just put on new nailpolish like I've done before. Pretty polish and weeding? Suuuuuuuure. Nevertheless, it looks much much much better and I'm happy it's done. Tonight I will fall asleep, after taking some Tylenol so my back doesn't kill in the morning, knowing it's part of attacking the greenery of our property.

I know it's one of those things were some people might not think it's a big deal. Buying a house from a super garden lady has raised the bar and my knowledge of gardens. I helped as a kid but I always knew what was there. We have the adventure of guessing if it is a weed or a plant since there are so many different types. At least this year we have a better idea. Well minus one giant plant - possibly a perinnial that is bi-yearly. ::shrugg:: Other than weeding the back walkway and starting to, rather continuing to battle the grass that thinks it needs to live in our flowerbeds, it's more so transplant/plant this year. The bushes we planned to pull out are looking to be ok until next year. The peach fuzz induced by the grass seed has priority to get rid of the dirt patch that was the weedpatch that we didn't realize was as big as it really was before.

I ended up watching most of that Haunting of Molly Hartley movie. I missed a good part of the plot reveal since MD stopped by and I was talking to her. So the movie was not as creepy as I had though, still eerie and I did jump but perhaps I missed the really scary parts when I was outside.

I got more of the blanket done again today. Jabba came to investigate but didn't pounce this time.

I am listening to my 90s Dance Jams station on Pandora. Tevin Campbell's Round and Round is on now. This is a reason why I adore Pandora. I had forgotten about this song and I used to love it.

No comments: