Monday, May 4, 2009

Hands off the yarn and in the dirt

This weekend was one of the first where I ended up with dirt under my nails and that odd feeling in my fingertips from pulling weeds out of the river rock. I really hate weeding river rock. As a kid I would help my parents with the gardens/outside/etc and often that would be my portion of helping. It really makes sense though - little fingers, no worries of accidentally pulling an actual flower. Rather than just extending the flower bed (would be ugh) or extending the asphalt of the driveway (would be slightly odd) they added rock. We had discussed adding paver bricks - the large sized ones - to extend the driveway without pouring asphault/whatever stinky goopy alternate there is. They have some great ground cover alternates now like ones made from recycled tires but that is just asking to be chewed and left all over - in more ways than one.

My cousin has shown interest in knitting which makes me excited. I had made a doll blanket for her daughter that they both liked, well all 3 liked. I hoping some time this summer will be a basic info session to get her started. With a one year old there may not be super long stretches of knitting time for her but it's still a good way to unwind even if you only have a few minutes.

My current WIP is hanging in its bag in a backpack from a gorillapod from our railing. None of them really should be there but even though it got no work done on it I was in my mind this weekend. I'm really hoping though it doesn't end up an odd size. I think I got enough yarn but worst case I can edge it. The perks of ombre yarns is that looks good too.

No comments: