Monday, July 6, 2009

5th of July beach trip

The 4th this year was chilly and rainy for most of the day. We ended up staying in for most of the day as well til the evening. We went to watch the OL fireworks with the usual group, having a good time as always. It was drizzling very faintly so they didn't have the live music as in years past but that totally makes sense. Electricity and water + people don't mix. The show was quite good and a but heavy on red/gold ones this year not that I minded, just an observation.

We decided go to the beach and headed out to Michigan on the 5th. It was our first trip out for the summer which is always exciting. The cooler was packed - much to the enjoyment of the pups too since we had too much ice, not enough freezer room, and a need to not let it all just melt. It did melt, but after they chomped on it a bit. We had two wet faced happy dogs.

The weather cooperated in that it was sunny and lower 80s. The water was a bit too chilly for me to actually swim in it but I did end up about knee deep which cooled me off a bit. P & C threw the football around in the water and ended up having someone's lab want to join in. He sooo wanted the ball even though it was too big for him to catch. C tried and the pup gave a good try. The owners seemed nice but we didn't really talk to them. L & I stayed on our towels catching the rays.

The rays got us all later even with sunblock. P and I are both burnt and sharing a bottle of aloe. I ended up getting the big sunhat that I wanted today. Next time I'll be ready and have a non burnt nose.

Luckily with makeup it isn't too too too horrible looking.

No comments: