Friday, July 3, 2009

This blog break brought to you by quick dry poly varnish!

I am a little woozy due to our living room smelling like varnish. Windows are open but after the second coat I have retreated upstairs - which is NOT 500 degrees due to the latest change in temperature. Other than the piece of wood at the threshold being done one of the bookends I made in jr high is done as well.

Yes, I know, one when there is two and jr high was a LONG time ago. I was a bit surprised how dark part of the wood ended up since beforehand. It looks nice but didn't seem to hint at that much fo a contrast. Once I find the other one then that can be done too though we are only using one so that works.

I am currently going though my closet in spurts. I get tired of doing so if I sit all day so it works best to do a little, stop, restart etc. With one more garage sale this summer and the possible church yardsale with the MIL, I should keep at it so it is not a rush two days before. Luckily the short notice of the last sale worked in my favor since I had stuff semi ready.

The closet can finally be swapped to the summer mode. I had things to wear but the actual summer clothes weren't needed for so long and the bought of crazy humidity kept me from it as well. I'm not looking forward to all the clothes though since I know there will be stuff that doesn't fit anymore. Some is plotted to be put in spacebags with the hope to wear it again someday and others will be sold/donated. I am trying to be realistic esp since I haven't been working out as much as I should lately. I get home and I'm tired so the thought of that sans a class isn't too great. I have my hoop so that is something good plus it is so much fun.

I tried looking for a pattern to use my rug yarn as a bag. Ditto w the crochet cord but didn't find anything. I may go to the 365 peeps (not sure why I used 'peeps' but why not) to see if anyone else has used either. Smart ladies (and guy(s)so someone must know something or have a general idea.

No comments: