Saturday, December 13, 2008

Branched


Branched
Originally uploaded by mustbuymoreyarn
I find myself more and more into the holiday spirit the past few years. Perhaps it's being w the love of my life that has added that warm fuzzy holiday feeling even more than normal. He has wanted a retro silver aluminum tree for a long time. We had only seen smaller ones in the stores and our idea of a second tree was a larger one. Our first tree was a tabletop one bought so that we'd have a tree since we couldn't not have one for Christmas. There were trees we looked at in the stores but none made me say "YES that is the one!" and now I'm glad. The tree is true vintage. You can tell from the box,. There were also instructions, and newspapers inside the box dated 1959.

Now the question is how to decorate it. I'd love to somehow make yarn pompons or something fun but I know anything ball shaped made of yarn will just lure Little Cat into climbing the tree. He is already interested it in.

No comments: