Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dusting off the blog

I took a blogging hiatus, or at least the intention to blog was put on hiatus, so I could focus on my knitting. It was a noble effort, to say the least.

I got hit by Murphy's law of knitting which I can say beforehand I had not dealt with of this magnitude. The baby hooded wrap that I worked like mad on ended up too narrow - it's currently in reconstruction/replotting stage since what was done turned out really well. I lost a WIP with circular bamboo knitting needles - sob. The man scarf for The Husband ended up too ruffle and not enough ribbing. When the knitting gets wacked out, the tough take a break and start again. I try not to knit aggrivated since I find that my gauge ends up all wonky.

So things are much better in knitting land. A Blackhawks inspired scarf for the husband is the latest addition to my WIPs. It's a basic ribbed scarf but with a red band at each ends and the fringe inspired by the logo colors. The baby blanket is on hold but I have some cute ideas including using her initials somehow. The other scarf is coming along but slowly. I don't know why it's taking extra time though maybe the three alternating stripe colors is the cause.

I ended up totally by chance finding 9 skeins of Lion Brand Incredible Yarn in Autumn Leaves at one of the dollar/discount stores. All the same color lot for $9 was such a great deal I took it as a sign. It'd be a nice wrap idea.

No comments: