Sunday, December 14, 2008

Potato soup after all

An idea I've had to awhile was to make some sort of potato soup. It's getting colder, or rather down right cold as I can hear the wind whirring past the corner of the house, and soup is always cold weather food. I found a receipe on The Food Network's website that looked both yum inducing and easy. I made it last nite and after adding more mashed potatoes after pureeing it and more cheese than in the recipe I thought it turned out quite well. It's not too photogenic though last nite it did look good in our red bowls. I was just in the "eat now" mindset then getting out the camera.

The whirry weather, as expected in a Midwest winter, is keeping me inside today. Rather that is the plan, to finish up some laundry and knit. The Hawks scarf continues to grow and I think I have the final idea for the WIP baby blanket. She-who-has-not-been-named will be here next month so the holiday time I'm hoping will be some quality knitting time.

No comments: